Approved 1 December 2021
Please note, the Commemorative Bench Scheme at Shavington-cum-Gresty Parish Council is subject to the following conditions. Please read the following carefully and sign your agreement below
- Bench sponsorship is for a period of 10 years from the day payment is received either for the refurbishment of an existing bench, or provision of a new bench. The estimated lifespan of commemorative benches is 10 years, but as benches are kept outside this cannot be guaranteed. If after 10 years a commemorative bench is deemed to be in a good state of repair, it may remain in position at the discretion of the Parish Council until it becomes beyond repair when it will be removed from the position. Any plaques will be removed and returned to Shavington-cum-Gresty Parish Council who will contact the sponsor to enquire if they wish for the plaque to be returned to them
- Benches are a standard specification and will be supplied by Shavington-cum-Gresty Parish Council.
- The amount of the sponsorship might vary and will depend on the market price of the bench, and will cover the cost of purchase, delivery and installation of the bench.
- Benches will have one standard specification plaque which will be placed in the centre of the uppermost wooden slat on the back of the bench. The plaque will display a message of your choice. All wording is to be approved by Shavington-cum-Gresty Parish Council prior to being placed on the bench. A draft will be sent to the supporter before the plaque is ordered, the sponsor is solely responsible for checking the accuracy of the wording.
- If we are notified that a repair is needed (by supporters or staff), the bench will be removed from its position and assessed:
a. If repairable, it will be repaired and returned to its existing place.
b. If beyond repair, any plaques will be removed and returned to the Council who will contact the supporter to enquire if they wish for the plaque to be returned to them.
- If a commemorative bench is deemed “beyond repair” by the Parish Council, it will be removed from its position even if the bench is within the estimated 10 year life-span. A replacement bench may be offered at the discretion of the Council.
- The bench will be placed in the desired area on delivery, but it could be moved and therefore its location cannot be guaranteed. The Parish Council cannot take responsibility for this movement and if the benches are moved, Council staff may not be able to search for or locate them.
- On delivery we will attempt to place the benches in the sponsor’s preferred area, but this may be subject to availability as some areas of the are likely to be more popular than others – therefore if there are sufficient benches in one area we may have to pursue the sponsor’s second or third choice.
Agreement to the conditions of the Commemorative Bench Scheme at Shavington-cum-Gresty Parish Council.
By signing this agreement, you are agreeing to the conditions outlined above and you agree to the attached location plan.
Please complete your email address if you are happy for us to contact you in this way.